Why Is It Important?
We all know that we need to get enough sleep in order to stay healthy and perform at our best. But, why is it important to sleep?
This includes: lowering your blood pressure, maintaining a healthy weight, boosting your immune system and regulating hormones. Sleep also helps you feel better and be more creative!
Understanding Your Cycle & How It Affects Your Activities
Healthy sleeping is essential to mental and physical health, and getting enough sleep is necessary for success in life.
Everyone needs 7-9 hours of sleep every night. However, what happens when we don’t get enough? The body feels tired all the time and our moods suffer.
Taking a nap can improve your sleep cycle or help you stay awake during your work hours. It’s also important to try to maintain a consistent bedtime routine to achieve the best results for your body.
Improve your sleep quality by following these simple but effective tips.
– Give yourself a bedtime every day, and be consistent with it. Your circadian rhythm gets into a routine so it’s important to make sure you’re getting between six and nine hours of sleep a night.
– Avoid caffeine after 3 PM. If you’re really craving a coffee then maybe have a decaffeinated coffee. Caffeine is a stimulant and will keep you awake at night.
– Have a relaxing pre-bed routine that you follow every night before going to bed at the same time. Why not have a relaxing bath or a shower?
– Have a relaxing last meal or snack before going to bed at the same time but make sure it’s not too close to your bedtime because you don’t want to get indigestion. We eat our evening meal around 6pm and sometimes have a small snack around 8.30 before going to bed at 10.30.
– Avoid alcohol and nicotine after 2 PM. Alcohol and nicotine both disrupt your sleep patterns so it’s a good idea to avoid them.
– Try not to go on your phone or tablet 1 hour before going to bed, as this will keep your brain active and alert. The blue light they emit isn’t good for sleep.
I hope you find these tips useful and that you can get a good night’s sleep. You can check out more of my lifestyle posts here.